Disclaimer: There is no substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your doctor or a trained medical professional before commencing a training regimen or exercise program.
I am a certified ACSM personal trainer and certified Spinning/Madd Dogg cycling instructor.
Triathlon Help For The First Time:
- Get a coach. However, this can be a really long, tedious process and you might not have the money or the time to do so.
- Join a triathlon group or class or club. Less expensive, social and helpful.
- Beginner Triathlete: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/ Easily the most comprehensive place to start– training plans available.
- Swim Bike Mom She swims, she bikes, she runs. She started with a blog and is building an empire for regular Janes doing triathlon. There’s a book too.
- OK, I know other triathletes may bag on this, but I find the articles from Active.com to be pretty helpful sometimes, so whatever to everyone else!
- Trifuel.com has a plan for never-done-nothing to sprint triathlon right here— plus many other goodies on their website!